Is A Week Enough?
There are few things in life better than sitting on the terrace at Granite Cottage and gazing at the beautiful scenery. However, if you feel that you need to stretch your legs, there are plenty of things nearby to keep you entertained.
- Broomhill Station is a mile and a half walk along the river. Here you can enjoy the steam train on the Strathspey Railway.
- There are many riverside walks from the cottage.
- If you’ve remembered to bring your rackets, there is a public tennis court right next door. If not, you can borrow ours!
- The world famous Loch Ness is an hour and a quarter drive away.
- With more outdoor activities than you can shake a stick at, Craggan Outdoors is only 10 minutes away. It even has a few indoor activities too for those rain days.
- Experience the Malt Whisky Trail and visit the many distilleries.
- If you fancy a bit of history, why not visit the Highland Folk Museum or Culloden Battlefield.
- Balmoral is only a 70 minute drive away and well worth a visit.
- The Rothiemurchus Estate is a 20 minute drive from the cottage.
- If you are lucky enough to visit us during August, the Abernethy Highland Games is not to be missed. It’s an incredible display with massed pipe bands, parades, athletics, track events, stalls and children’s activities.
- Let’s not forget Shinty! The season runs from March to October.